Accepting New Patients
What to Expect From Your First Visit
Your initial office appointment will consist of a consultation with Dr. Mahar and his team to evaluate you and determine your treatment needs. A complex medical history, treatment plan, IV Sedation, or general anesthesia will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any radiographs (x-rays), if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Completed online patient registration, or arrive 15–30 minutes before your appointment to fill out these forms in-office.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination are mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery.
- You will also need an adult to drive you home.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
- Let us know if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility.